We’re looking for a smooth operator to support our marketing & communications team. You will work on the execution of our marketing and communication strategy to promote the first edition of our annual festivities. You will highlight the diversity of the program and make sure that the whole of the Netherlands as well as the animation industry worldwide is talking about us. Our Head of PR, Marketing & Communications will be your mentor and sensei during your time here.
As Assistant PR & Marketing you will monitor our social media accounts. You will manage the individual communities, create interesting content, and brainstorm about new ideas. You will also be executing our (inter)national PR strategy, respond to PR requests, and support our PR maven in getting a broad variety of target groups interested in our programs.
What we are looking for
- You can formulate original ideas
- You are innovative and creative with a pinch of humor (laughing at your superior’s jokes is crucial)
- You perform well under pressure
- Your are detail oriented
- You remain positive and have an enthusiastic attitude
- You’re a student of Communication, Event Marketing, Multimedia Design, Journalism, Film, or something similar. Or you recently graduated and are looking to gain more work experience.
- You can write clever copy, and (help to) create eye-popping visuals, slides and GIFs.
- Excellent writing skills in Dutch and English
- Addicted to and familiar with social media in all of its shapes and forms
- An eye for graphic design and basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Basic knowledge of the relevant media landscape in the Netherlands and other countries
- In touch with your feelings and popular culture
- Interested in animation
- Willing to incidentally work in the evenings and on weekends, especially when it's crunch time
- Full availability during the festival 9 - 17 November 2019
- The chance to work at an extraordinary and exciting festival
- An inside look into a dynamic, fast changing, and quirky organization
- The chance to learn from an experienced and knowledgeable team
- A workplace in Damsko AND Utrecht!
- A vast network in Amsterdam and in the international animation industry
- A fee of 150 euros per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- A superior who'll make sure that you stay hydrated
3 days a week at our office from July until mid November.
You can send in your application until 10 June 2019 to Maxi Meissner via email@example.com. Interviews will be held soon after.
Illustration by Mirjam Debets.